THE HEART OF THE AUTHOR PODCAST
The book club for busy readers and non-readers to find tidbits of truth to lead them closer to the Word.
Co-hosts Vickie Petz Henderson and Jasa Babb answer the question, “Have you read any good books lately?”
Praying with passion, confidence and authority
Have you ever wondered why God doesn’t seem to come through when you pray?
“Some prayers work and some prayers don’t”
There is a right way to pray. We should pray consistently. When we see no evidence of God at work do we persists like Elijah or do we give up? There comes a time when we should thank God for answering our prayers in the same breath we prayed them.
Prayer isn’t just, “asking God to do stuff.” God invites us to join Him in a cosmic battle. “Prayer should be used like a soldier with a weapon.”
When God stretches and strains us, we are driven to our knees, desperate and dependent. We are never the same after we truly encounter change.
To have an effective prayer life:
1. Think about who God is and His power
2. Think about who we are. Don’t pray like an orphan, beggar or slave. Pray like a child of God
3. Ask God what to pray rather than praying your sympathies
4. Consecrate yourself and bring everything under the authority of Christ
5. Pray scripture, you can’t go wrong
To receive the next episode in your inbox, enter your email address